The Church was built in the early English style and completed in the 13th century. The outer walls and tower are constructed chiefly of red sandstone mixed with lime stone. The tower has three stories, the upper chamber of which contains a peal of five Bells and a sanctus bell.
Records of incumbents date back to 1257 beginning when Will de Melcheburn commenced his ministry in parish. There are several ancient monuments in the Church the most interesting of which is a brass depicting a Knight in plate armour, one Matthew Swettenham Esq., bearer of the bow to King Henry IV who died in 1416.
In 1897 Mr C W Bartholomew of Blakesley Hall (now demolished) generously defrayed the costs of rebuilding and extending the chancel. The rebuilt sanctuary contains a very fine reredos constructed of richly veined and highly polished Staffordshire alabaster depicting the last Supper. At the same time a new two manual organ built by Nicholson and Co of Worcester and financed by offertories and subscriptions was installed